The Advanced Medical & Dental Institute (AMDI) , Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) welcomes you to AMDI’s Second International Oncology & Medical Physics Symposium 2019, to be held 1-3 March at the Cititel Penang, George Town, Penang. The theme of the 2019 conference “Advancing Cancer Care, Fostering Cancer Research” will underpin the need for collaboration of individuals from a wide range of professional backgrounds and multidisciplinary fields.
As the understanding of knowledge and clinical applications in the field of Oncology undergoes rapid developments, it is vital for clinicians, health professionals and basic scientists who are involved in cancer care and research come together to discuss recent updates in the field. The sharing of knowledge and the enhancement of networks would improve cancer patient care and resulted the best treatment plans for our patients. The attendees comprise of oncologists, surgeons, physicians, pathologists, radiologists, medical physicists, cancer scientists, and all other allied health professionals. The symposium aims to provide a platform to all stakeholders in cancer care recent updates especially in the treatments that crucially requires multimodality and multidisciplinary approaches.
Rationale of the theme
“Advancing Cancer Care, Fostering Cancer Research” both go in tandem towards improving outcomes for cancer patients. Whilst we adopt novel therapeutic approaches in systemic anti-cancer treatments and in radiation therapy, we would also like to participate in contributing to cancer research. This symposium aims to provide an impulse for all stakeholders to have a common platform in order to strengthen both cancer research and also adopting novel evidence-based diagnostics and therapeutic approach.
Key Features of Symposium
International and Local Speakers from reknown cancer centres
- Addressing current issues in evidence-
based cancer care
- Incorporating Clinicians with Physicists and Cancer Scientists
- FRCR Clinical Oncology Part 1 Physics Course embedded into the symposium as one of the concurrent sessions
- Multidisciplinary Sessions by expert clinicians where Clinical Cases will be discussedaccording to relevant preceeding topics.
- CME/CPD/CNE Points Awarded
- Practical Nursing Oncology concurrent sessions tailored for nurses involved in cancer
- Pharmaco Oncology concurrent sessions for oncopharmacists
- Oral and Poster Presentations for Clinical Oncology, Medical Physics and Cancer Cell Biology
Topics Covered for Clinical Oncology :
Soft Tissue Sarcoma, Breast Cancer, Thyroid Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Urological Cancers, Lung Cancers Rare Tumours, Precision Medicine, Acute Oncological Emergencies
Topics Covered for Medical Physics :
• Radiotherapy in sarcoma
• PET/CT in oncology and research
• Optimization of medical imaging
• Role and status of clinical medical physicist in Malaysia
• Regulation of medical imaging research in Malaysia
• Artificial intelligence in medical imaging
• Innovation in hybrid imaging
• Radionuclide therapy and dosimetry
• Advancement of radiation dosimeter in imaging and radiotherapy
• FRCR Radiation Physics Part 1
Cancer Cell Biology :
Cancer biology is an important aspect in treatment strategies. Updates in cancer stem cell biology, novel agents in radiation biology, potentials of biosimilar, safety of herbal products and labeling, clinical trials will be covered by renowned speakers from abroad and local.
- Faculty Dinner for Speakers , Friday 1st March 2019
- Symposium Gala Dinner for all Delegates and Speakers, Saturday 2nd March 2019